What to pack for an indo surf trip checklist.
Surfing essentials to put in your board bag NOT carry on
- 2 or 3 surfboards
- Spare leash
- Beach towel (depends where you are staying, some hotels have but you can always use as padding for your boards!)
- Long sleeve Rashie for midday sessions
- Radiator/wetty (check where you are going and the ocean temp for your time of the year, most of Indo is boardies but e.g. g-land gets cold!)
- Surf hat (optional)
The following will fit in a surf aid kit that will fit in your board bag!
- Fin keys (supplied)
- Wax comb (supplied)
- Spare grub screws (supplied)
- Spare leggy rope (supplied)
- Sunsceen (check the size, less than 200ml, but if it is in your board bag you should be okay)
- Warm water wax
- Spare set of fins
First aid kit for surfers
- Surf Aid Kits are fully stocked first aid kits for surfers that are designed for surf trips and have recommendation lists for the medication and additional first aid supplies that you should take with you.
- Have a look at the products listed here to see what you could bring to make sure you don't miss out and waste time sitting out of the water!
- It might seem straight forward but it is always best to check you have things like scissors, tweezers for urchins, betadine antiseptic, vaseline/paw paw for surf rash, strapping tape to prevent board rash
There are also easy to follow tips and advice for treating surf related injuries.
The following are items that I chuck in my boardbag to make travelling easy with just one backpack (carry on) and one boardbag (check in)
- Shampoo/body wash if need
- Wipes for zinc removal
- Shaver (if you're hairy)
- Long sleeve t shirt for chilly nights/mornings/airplane
- Shorts/chill out pants for when you don't feel like wearing boardies
- One pair of shoes in case there's no swell and you go adventuring/motorbiking
- Flip flops/Thongs/Jandals/Double Pluggers...
- T shirts and singlets depending on how many days you are going (less is more, most of the time no shirt anyways!), can always buy one if need
What to add to your carry on:
- Travel money card
- Phone/laptop and charger
- Chewies if require for flying
- Toothbrush and Mini toothpaste if it's a long haul
- Jumper or long sleeve if you get cold easily
- Sunnies (unless flying at night)
What not to put in carry on:
- Any tubes, lotions, liquids, gels, deodorants that are bigger than 200ml (chuck these in your boardbag and it should be fine or don't risk it)
- Anything sharp
- No aerosols
Have a siik trip and hopefully you score!!!
Feel free to contact if you have any questions about indo, first aid or surfing.
-->or swing us a message on facebook or Instagram
Surf Aid Kits Team